Monday, August 12, 2013, 02:37 PMThe following is posted at the request of Kevin Duffy:
Posted by Administrator
Posted by Administrator
Dear Oracle Rdb and Oracle Database on OpenVMS Customers,
We are happy to inform you that registration for the Redwood Shores, USA, 2013 Oracle Rdb and Oracle Database on OpenVMS Technical Forum is now open. To register, go to
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/datab ... 01986.html
Registration for the remaining 2013 Forums will become available on a rolling basis over the next 2 weeks. Please recheck the link above during this time to see if registration for the Forum you would like to attend has opened.
The Forum dates and Oracle office locations where they will be held are:
- September 30 - October 1, 350 Oracle Pkwy (Oracle Conference Center) , Redwood Shores, CA, USA
- October 7-8, Mölndalsvägen 93, Gothenburg, Sweden
- October 10-11, Koenigshof, Hamborner Str. 51-55, D - 40472,
- Dusseldorf, Germany
- October 14-15, 1 South Place, London, UK
- October 17-18, 15 Boulevard Charles de Gaulle, Colombes (Paris), France
- December 9-10, 4 Julius Avenue, North Ryde (Sydney), NSW, Australia
We are also pleased to announce that JCC Consulting will offer one-day, no fee workshops in association with 3 of the Forums. The workshops will illustrate everything you need to know to use the JCC LogMiner Loader (http://www.jcc.com/LML.htm)to publish changes in your Oracle Rdb database to Rdb or other data stores. The dates and Oracle office locations will be:
- October 2, Redwood Shores, CA, USA, Oracle Pkwy, Redwood Shores, CA, USA
- October 9, Gothenburg, Sweden, Mölndalsvägen 93, Gothenburg, Sweden
- October 16, London, UK, 1 South Place, London, UK
To register for the JCC workshop or pose questions click at http://www.jcc.com/SeminarRegistration.htm .
A sampling of the Forum session topics includes:
- Oracle Rdb and Oracle Database on OpenVMS Product Status and Direction
- HP OpenVMS Update
- Update for Oracle on OpenVMS: 10.2.0.5 and 11g
- How You Can Use RAT to Improve Your Oracle Database Performance
- A DBAs Guide to Implementing 11 Years of Rdb Performance Features
- Tricks and Gotcha's with Oracle Rdb Large Transactions
- Auditing with Oracle Rdb
- Oracle Rdb Query Re-Write
- Oracle Rdb Connectivity Update
- Rdb’s New Frontier: Extending Rdb Applications to Modern Mobile Platforms
- Demonstration of New Web-Based Rdb Management Tools
The full Forum agendas are being finalized and will be posted soon on our registration web page. Before that, you can look at the posted agenda from the Burlington, MA Forum (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/rdb/community/rdbtf-agenda-13burl-1912328.html) held this past March, since the sessions will largely be updated versions of the Burlington talks.
Attendance will be opened to those who cannot join us in person. Remote attendees will be sent the information needed to join us in a live online Forum web conference. To receive this information, remote attendees must send an email to InfoRdb_US@oracle.com after they have registered indicating that they will be attending remotely. Remote attendees are welcome to attend any or all sessions.
These Forums are offered at no charge and present a series of sessions conducted by acknowledged technical specialists from our development staff and the Oracle Rdb and Oracle Database on OpenVMS community at large. They should be considered a requirement for anyone wishing to remain up-to-date with all the latest enhancements and optimizations in either of these two product families.
We are very excited to be bringing these 2013 Technical Forums to you. I hope you will be able to join us.
Senior Director, Software Development
Oracle Database on OpenVMS